Last night Cameron and I ate a very late dinner. I had to teach and Cameron got stuck at work. So I took Kaycee to my sisters house. When I got home, we put Kaycee to bed. We were sitting at the kitchen table, and it was around 10:30 at night. All of a sudden I see this thing come running out from the hallway to the other hallway to the kitchen. I am soooooo extremely afraid of spiders its not even funny, so I thought at first glance it was a spider. As I looked closely, it was a MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! A nasty little furry mouse. It starred me down, as I starred it down. Then it ran back into the back hallway. I yelled to Cameron, I saw a MOUSE!!!!! He jumped up, asking me where. I showed him the spot, and he listened intently. He found it in the corner by his hunting pack. He wanted to get his pellet gun and shoot it. I was not too fond of the idea. So, he decided that he would SUCK IT UP IN THE VACUUM. It was so hilarious to see. Cameron placed towels under the doors leading to Kaycee's room and the spare bedroom so the mouse wouldn't run into the rooms. He then turned on the vacuum, and the chase began. I was laughing so hard at him. Finally, you could hear this loud object getting sucked into the tube and swished all the way around into the container.

Cameron saved the day! but now I am always worried I am going to see a mouse again. Its time to invest in some mouse traps!! (and some d-con)
10 comments:
That is so funny! Great story Laura! I don't think I would have thought to suck it up in the vacuum. Hilarious!
Laura, that picture is hilarious. The little thing looking so bewildered and wondering how in the heck he got there. Spooky. Great shot!!
That is the best way to catch a mouse ever! That's totally awesome. Does Cameron want to catch our spider with your vacuum?
I'm so glad that you posted that story. That is the funniest story I've every heard. I can just picture in my head Cameron chasing this poor little mouse with the vacuum:) I just hope that he doesn't have any other little friends hiding in your house out to scare you!!
Laura -
I have had my share of mice problems but have never thought of using the vacuum to pick up a mouse.
I wouldn't use the decon because that is what we used when Hunter was a baby and I ended up finding a dead mouse in the middle of his bedroom floor. Hunter was crawling and I was so glad that I found it before Hunter did and played picked it up thinking it was a toy.
Good luck!!!
how funny! what did you do with the mouse once it was trapped in the vacuum? we keep decon in the garage and in the crawlspace, and we haven't had any problems with mice. just make sure if you use decon that you don't put it anywhere the dogs will be. they are attracted to the smell.
cameron ended up putting the mouse in a bucket, and poured gas on it, and lit it on fire! poor guy, didnt stand a chance......
Oh I hate mice and that pictures gives me the heebeegeebees.
That is soooo hilarious!!! It's really funny to see that mouse in the vacuum!! Fun memory!!
oh my goodness! Scary! I would have never thought of the vacuum! Tyler just laughed and said awesome when he saw the blog! The picture is so funny!
Post a Comment